Permanent carers in Ystradgynlais
33 / 44 hours a week – £8.81 per hour
Reporting to the Senior Carer / Registered Nurse; the Care Assistant is responsible for ensuring a high level of care is provided to our residents and meets the code of conduct and company procedures.
NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED, FULL TRAINING GIVEN
The Care Assistant will provide and ensure the highest standards of care are achieved in all areas of the home including relationship-centered care, clinical care and dementia care.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES Clinical Care and Support
• To provide and assist the Senior Carer or RN with all aspects of care in the home
• Deliver care in the home, to ensure continuous assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of residents’ care.
• Assist Senior Carers and RNs with basic nursing care to residents
• Provide high-quality care to residents at all times paying attention to their specific and individual needs.
• Assist residents during meal times ensuring they receive meals that are suitable
• Ensure that the Senior Carers or RNs are made aware of any care issues within the home.
• Assist the care team in weighing the residents as and when required.
• Assist with and participate in all activities provided within the home to promote relationship-centered care.
• Assist with ensuring care plans are regularly reviewed, updated and that they are appropriate to the residents needs and reflect the care being delivered
• To actively engage with residents in conversation and meaningful occupation related to their lifestyle choices at a level and pace that values the individual and respects their dignity and communication differences.
And of course, to respond in a timely way to residents who are distressed (calling out, calling for help, knocking or making noises that suggest the need for support) or seek assistance if you feel unable to respond appropriately
How do you apply?
Get in touch with us today: 01792 343133 or by contacting us on our website and filling in the form.